We believe in forging lasting relationships with our clients to ensure all parties are successful
Natural Habits was created by Linda Barnes and David Mackenzie from the belief that all outcomes can be improved
through effective communication leading to greater understanding of the message.
With over 60 years of collective experience in the IT/Business arena, our unique process helps companies optimize both the “What” and the “How” of communication. We aren’t resting on our backgrounds, however. We’re always seeking opportunities to learn to stay abreast of emerging technologies.
Our process involves examining not only the aspects of a business that are struggling, but also identifying what’s going well and enhancing those areas while we solve problems. Our focus is on strategy development, marketing, sales, audit/cost control, digital communication technology implementation and communication processes.
With over 30 years of successful experience in the telecommunications industry engaged in sales, management, technical support and coaching, Linda has:
- Saved clients millions of dollars by identifying errors and waste in their telecom billing and negotiating more favourable service provider contracts
- Managed large scale conversions of traditional phone systems to VoIP
- Provided technical support, trouble shooting and fault resolution
- Developed and implemented sales documentation programs to track performance
- Implemented creative buying skills programs for clients to establish mutually beneficial buyer-seller relationships
- Established innovative selling and buying partnership programs and provided coaching to sales teams from multiple suppliers
- Earned a reputation for integrity and thoroughness in her dealings with her many clients
Hailing from Australia and as comfortable in the wilds of the outback as he is in his city office, David has been a professional sales person, sales manager, sales, marketing and communication coach and entrepreneur for over 35 years. David has:
- Developed communication skills through public speaking, business and media presentations including feature roles in TV commercials, films and as a presenter for training and product information films
- Authored and presented Sales and Presentation skills training programs
- Enhanced his personal business management skills by running his business consultancy practice for 20 years
- Founded a unique fabric and textile company producing Australian Bush inspired upholstery and drapery fabrics
- Owner and managing director of a boutique art gallery and café in south-east Queensland, Australia
- Developed critical skills in business finance, numerical analysis and audit
Here’s what others have said:
“I had the pleasure to work with Linda with the transitioning of our telecommunications at the Club. Her dedication to provide the best service combined with her professionalism, knowledge and experience were clear at every stage of our project. Planning, budgeting, implementation, as well as follow through and accounting. It is rare to work with people that bring us so much confidence in having the right person for the job. Linda has been for years and continues to be our “Go To” person, and I wholeheartedly recommend her for any telecommunications needs.” SV, California
“Linda is highly professional and thorough. She has great knowledge of the telecom world and provided great value for Centex Corporation. I look forward to being able to work with her again.” MB, Georgia
“Linda has a great understanding of what it takes to operate a successful business. I would consider her one of the top business women in her field today. Her clear visions, responsiveness, drive, follow through, and the ability to see the whole picture, will bring success to not only her business but yours. I can’t say enough good things about her business sense. It’s just incredible!” CF, Texas
“Linda is an intelligent, strategic, and straightforward leader who knows how to achieve results with honesty, integrity and character. I worked with Linda on multiple occasions during my previous tenure at CHR Solutions and have always been impressed with her professionalism in building and maintaining relationships with the business leaders from various clients. Linda brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the table and manages to combine that with people skills that rival anyone I’ve ever met. Based on Linda’s excellent track record for success, I can honestly say that I would work with her time and time again and have been thrilled to engage her company’s services while in my current role.” AW, Texas
“Linda is a hard-working consultant that has tremendous wireless knowledge and experience. Her creative mind mixed with the fundamental foundation of wireless resulted in excellent deliverables and further-on pursuits. Linda is a real joy and value-added asset!” BP, Ohio
“Linda has always been a person of High Integrity and Reliability, with a great ability to devise solutions not usually obvious to client challenges. We first met in the mid-1990’s when she actually was just on the short end of a winning proposal, through no fault of her, or her company’s, ability to provide the service. Since then we have worked together on a number of projects, and client’s always value her dependability and the value she brings to them.” DC, Texas
“Linda has always been a true professional when I have had the opportunity to work with her or her company. Her willingness to provide the best solution, pricing, and her win/win attitude has always made her and her company stand out in a very positive way.” DO, Texas
Natural Habits, LLC is a fresh new company, founded in Texas, USA in 2017, with the purpose of providing business communication and sales coaching to organizations seeking to improve the rate of successful outcomes from interactions with their prospects, clients and customers.
Everybody sells; Natural Habits helps everyone grow and achieve better results from their business communication and sales negotiations by giving them three easy to follow principals, which can be adopted by any personality type to develop a successful sales career. We don’t teach tricks or rely on catchy “buzz words”, slogans or acronyms. Our program builds on existing experience rather than replacing what has already be learned through experience or other training programs. Successful communication is the key.
Natural Habits arose from collaboration between two abundantly skilled professional business people with over 70 years combined experience.
- Linda Barnes – 30 years as a professional sales person, sales manager and professional buyer in the telecommunications industry
- David Mackenzie – 40 years as a professional sales person, sales manager and small business owner
- Linda and David are both highly skilled and experienced presenters, trainers and public speakers
- Linda and David are both accomplished conservation photographers and writers, using pictures and words to communicate the need to care for and protect wild places and wildlife.